CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.21.2007

Thoughts from A Booth In A Bar

Just imagine. Picture it in your head.





Diva is sitting in a quiet, corner booth at Catscratch Jane’s. It’s 9:30pm on a Wednesday night. Diva is occupying this booth solo. This situation is surreal, and I started thinking. And for me, thinking is usually not a good thing when beer is involved.



My 1st thought is this: I am sitting here, alone. Am I bummed that my friends aren’t here? Am I feeling as if my friends have deserted me for bigger and better things? Do I feel like I am being neglected? Am I getting bitter? No. No. No. No. And no.



I am actually quite content with my life and the way it’s turning out. I’m glad to see all of my friends are happy, content and satisfied in where the last year has taken them. I am totally capable of amuzing myself and having fun in the situation I find myself in.



My second thought: Yes, I miss my friends. But, we have a lifetime of memories made in the short span of approximately one year. It’s not often that a group of mis-matched people come together like we did. Every single one of us had some sort of need that this rowdy, loud bunch was filling. Why, it was only a year ago that we all magically morphed to Catscratch Jane’s. And dear Lord, the place wouldn’t be the same for several months.
Then something happened. We all started to settle down. Some of us fell in love. Some of us found satisfaction in our careers… Regardless of what it was, we all started to find what we were looking for in life.



All of this brings me to a minor crash in self-analyzation. I’m 100% secure to know that, although I’m sitting quietly in a corner watching the goings on around me, we all meant and still mean alot to each other. In some cases, we’re far apart in our physical being. In some cases, we’re just right down the road. Regardless, we are still together in soul. Pirates deep down? Maybe just a little… that Pirate dwells in each one of us forever.



We are really fortunate to have had the opportunity to build bonds that keep us close enough to have a quick lunch, early dinner, a cold beer, or even just a comment on MySpace. God bless technology.



I really do love where my life is now. But I still thank God every day that I’ve been blessed with a bounty of friends ~ near and far~ ~old and new~
Sappy, yes. But, sometimes even Pirates can be sentimental.


















A toast to you, my friends. May you find love, happiness and everything your heart desires.

0 comments: