CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.11.2007

Monday Melee - Let's Give It A Whirl

[ Note: This is Diva’s first Monday Melee, published on 11-Jun-2007 ]

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.

I hate haters. I’m sarcastic and all, but I don’t really hate anyone. I just think some people are completely ignorant and should wear a cone-dork hat all the time.
But people who hate everybody and everything (generally for no reason at all) annoy me greatly. Two words: hater blockers. You can find them at your corner store, reasonably priced, of course.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.

Until proven otherwise, the voice on my voice mail the other night was really an extremely good impression of a female voice. Had I not known better, I would have thought it was really a chick leaving me that message.
UPDATE: Diva has found out that Diva is way off. I should be whipped with a wet noodle for spreading such rumors without concrete proof. I admit it. I was wrong. I’m sorry. Forgive a Diva, won’tcha?

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.

I am honestly unhappy with my daddy right now. I love him so much, I really do. And this may sound hateful, but I can’t help it.
He is drinking himself to death. No matter how much I love him, talk to him, beg him, get mad at him, ignore him, taxi him, and try to care for him… he just won’t knock it off. And I’ll be honest. I’m pissed about it. I’d like to have him around for a while. He’s not that old, but he’s diggin his own grave on drink at a time. If I was doing an asshat of the day post, he’s a prime target.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.

I give that salesman at Lance Cunningham Ford credit for sucking my man into buying that damn truck after I had a tissy fit over it. Good for him.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.

I may not have all the money in the world. I may not be able to give my kids all the crap that I’d like to give them. But I give them what’s really important. I love them.
So, I guess the answer is I’m a kick ass mama that would go through hell and high-water for her kiddies.

6.The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.

I wish that all of the many parts of my life would come together, for one fleeting moment even, and I could have that happy, content feeling inside. Pretty damn big wish I suppose.


Go visit FRACAS and do the Monday Melee for yourself!

0 comments: